When American Hustle star Amy Adams hit the Governors Awards this weekend, we noticed a lot more than the gorgeous shade on her Vivienne Westwood dress. The 39-year-old mom was in better shape than ever, with her enviable curves on full display.
There's no question that her red hair looked perfect paired with the plum dress, and we loved the subtle Edie Parker clutch and Irene Neuwirth jewels. But it was her hourglass shape that made us jealous. It turns out getting Adams' flawless figure isn't as tough as it looks, though. You just need to follow a few simple steps.
1. Be Patient: In a post-pregnancy interview with Parade Adams revealed: "I've been working out when I can, and I'm trying to eat in a healthful way, but losing weight is not my number-one priority." Rome wasn't built in a day, and neither is a sleek, toned body. Other actresses swear by fasts or juice cleanses as an easy way to drop a few pounds. But Adams knows those quick fixes won't last in the long run.
2. Think Healthy: When asked about feeling the pressure to be rail thin like some of her peers Adams replied: "I've never been into deprivation," she said. "Those bones that show in women's shoulders when they're extra-skinny? I never had that, even at my thinnest. I don't even think I have those bones." Adams' approach to her body is simple: She might not be as skinny as some other actresses, but she's OK with that.
3. Please Yourself: Lots of celebrities share dieting tips, but Amy Adams is a lot more private. In an interview with the Huffington Post she said: "Some of these actresses or public personas who are very public about their disciplined diets, more power to them, I just don't see the point."
4. Be Realistic: After giving birth to her daughter Aviana in 2010 Adams said she's not looking to be perfect. She also said she would do anything to stay off a treadmill! Instead the American Hustle actress mixes up her routine.
5. Create Balance: In an Interview magazine article, Adams said: "I have a small child, so the idea of getting up at 3 a.m. to train before a day of shooting ... I just don't have it in me, although I have so much respect for people who do."
Don't try to do too much. The American Hustle actress takes baby steps. And look at the results!