Diane von Furstenberg Spring 2014: A Star-Studded 'Mix Of Quiet Calm And Joie De Vivre' [PHOTOS]
- 12 pictures
Nineties minimalism? Not at Diane von Furstenberg's Spring 2014 show!
Click Start To See The Slideshow
Casting aside the neutral palette and sporty silhouettes of the last few days, the quintessential New York designer showed a decidely up-tempo show on Sunday replete with African-lion motifs, black-and-white checks and tropical prints. The designer's show notes said the collection was a "mix of quiet calm and joie de vivre," but there was nothing quiet about this boisterous production.
Like Us on Facebook :
Between a powerhouse model lineup including Jourdan Dunn, Joan Smalls and Naomi Campbell and a modern soundtrack including "Blurred Lines" and "Get Lucky," the vibe felt electric. The prints and silhouettes sharply contrasted the athletic '90s sensibility circling the catwalks this week. Skirts were full, colors were vibrant (think fire-engine red) and prints were plucked from the jungle or tropics.
Traveling from an African safari to Caribbean beach, the patterns veered from camouflage brown to oceanic waves of coral and aqua. As always, von Furstenberg was at her most successful when exploring bold, playful prints. The last looks with structured shapes and metallics felt out of place for the iconic creator of the wrap dress.
As Naomi Campbell took the final walk, it was at once exciting and jarring to see the supermodel at Fashion Week. The straight lines of the dress and older model seemed like they belonged in another show — or time.
Nevertheless, von Furstenberg packed a punch with her safari-inspired styles. And we have no doubt that her daughter Alexandra's friends will be popping up in the Hamptons in a few of those aquatic hues.
Can't Get Enough Of New York Fashion Week? Check Out Our Latest Show Reviews Below!
Sponsored From Around the Web
Join the Conversation
- Taylor Swift, Scott Eastwood Get Steamy In 'Wildest Dreams' Teaser Clip [VIDEO] More
- Zayn Malik Is Being Linked To Several Girls After His Split With Perrie Edwards More
- ‘Pretty Little Liars’ Fans Get Furious Over A Seemingly Transphobic Tweet About Charlotte, I. Marlene King Shuts Down Haters With Big ‘A’ Reveal More
- Kim Kardashian Beats Out Beyonce With 44 Million Followers, Is Now the Most Popular Person on Instagram More
- One Direction Drops “Drag Me Down” Music Video, Zayn Malik Speaks Out About The Band’s New Single [VIDEO] More