Chito Miranda, Neri Naig Fine After Sex Tape Scandal; Parokya Ni Edgar Singer Seeks Help From National Bureau Of Investigation After Video Leak [PHOTOS]

By Melissa Siegel August 13, 2013 6:57 PM EDT
Chito Miranda and Neri Naig are seeking legal action against the person who stole and leaked their sex tape (Photo: Instagram/Chito Miranda).
Chito Miranda and Neri Naig are seeking legal action against the person who stole and leaked their sex tape (Photo: Instagram/Chito Miranda).

Chito Miranda revealed he and Neri Naig are doing fine following the couple's sex tape scandal. The Parokya ni Edgar frontman made his first public comments on Tuesday since the video leaked earlier this month.

Follow Us

Chito Miranda said that a friend told him that the sex tape had been leaked. Since then, the singer had only commented on the video via social media.

RELATED: Chito Miranda Comes To Neri Naig's Defense Following Sex Tape Scandal

But Chito Miranda gave an interview to ABS-CBNnews.com on Tuesday, talking about the sex tape scandal for the first time. When asked why he did not comment sooner, Miranda replied that he felt this would make the situation worse.

In the interview, Chito Miranda remarked that Neri Naig is "as well-loved as before." Indeed, the Parokya ni Edgar singer posted a lengthy Facebook post last week defending his girlfriend.

"I don't really care what other people think or say about me (that's their opinion ... and I respect that), but I do care about what they say about my girlfriend, and I have one simple question for those who have a problem with her, regarding their self-righteous beliefs and opinions on morality, tastelessly expressed through their hateful comments: What do you do on your spare time aside from bashing helpless girls on the internet?" he wrote.

RELATED: What Legal Action Can Chito Miranda Take After Sex Tape Scandal?

Chito Miranda has defended Neri Naig, above, since their sex tape leaked (Photo: Instagram/Chito Miranda).
Chito Miranda has defended Neri Naig, above, since their sex tape leaked (Photo: Instagram/Chito Miranda).

Chito Miranda and Neri Naig took action against those who leaked the sex tape in the first place. The singer already admitted that someone stole the hard drive from his home, and on Monday he asked the National Bureau of Investigation to look into the crime.

Miranda alleged that the leaker violated the Anti-Photo and Video Voyeurism Act of 2009, which could force the guilty party to spend up to seven years in jail. But as he tries to track down the culprit, more and more people continue to spread the video online.

RELATED: Graphic Chito Miranda Sex Tape Removed From YouTube

"Nothing I can do about that," Chito Miranda said in his native language (via TagalogPhrases.com). "This is what I'm doing on my part, and on their part, they can do whatever they want because you cannot ask people to stop doing what they want to do."

Earlier reports speculated that Chito Miranda's son was responsible for leaking the Neri Naig sex tape. A man claiming to be child of the Parokya ni Edgar frontman wrote on Facebook that he released the video. But Miranda later denied even having a child. It is unclear if this man, who identified himself as Alfonso Yanga Miranda, was part of the affidavit the singer sent to the NBI.

© 2013 iDesign Times All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.

Sponsored From Around the Web

Join the Conversation

Who's Up? Who's Down?