Alec Baldwin Quitting Acting And Tweeting? ’30 Rock’ Actor Gives Shocking Vanity Fair Interview [VIDEO]

Alec Baldwin Quitting Acting And His Twitter Account?

By McCarton Ackerman July 3, 2013 8:41 AM EDT
Alec Baldwin at the NFL Honors award show, February 2013 (Credit: Reuters)
Alec Baldwin at the NFL Honors award show, February 2013 (Credit: Reuters)

Are we about to see the last of Alec Baldwin? The 30 Rock star said he will "never" go on Twitter again and could bow out of acting soon as well. Speaking with Vanity Fair, Baldwin said he wants to live a normal life where his children don't know he is famous. Baldwin has come under fire for his homophobic Twitter tirade last week, in which he called Daily Mail reporter George Stark a "toxic little queen," alleged that he would enjoy a foot in his backside and threatened to hunt him down.

Follow Us

Baldwin told Vanity Fair that he would "love" to quit acting and wants to find "something else" to fill his time, with the hopes his future unborn daughter would have no knowledge of him being famous. "I have one dream — she has a friend, and she's at her house and she says, 'Daddy, Susie's mom says you used to be on TV. Daddy, is that true?' She has no knowledge of me as a public person," said Baldwin. "That would be heaven for me."

Alec Baldwin at the anniversary for the People of the American Way Foundation (Credit: Reuters)
Alec Baldwin at the anniversary for the People of the American Way Foundation (Credit: Reuters)

SEE ALSO: Ireland Baldwin Is A Kim Basinger Look-Alike! Does Father Alec Approve Of Daughter's Sexy Modeling Photos?

Of course, this isn't the first time that Baldwin has threatened to quit acting. He said in a 2009 Men's Journal interview that he didn't have "any interest in acting anymore" and that 30 Rock would likely be his last show. However, when 30 Rock left the air last year, he signed on for the Woody Allen film Blue Jasmine and upcoming comedy Caught Stealing.

However, Baldwin is certain that he is done with Twitter. The actor's tirade last week came after Stark alleged that Baldwin's wife, Hilaria Thomas, was tweeting during the funeral of Sopranos star James Gandolfini. Baldwin said he realized at the funeral that Gandolfini didn't have Twitter and wanted to be able to do the same. Baldwin apologized for his outburst and reactivated his Twitter account last weekend after shutting it down for 24 hours, but has removed almost all of his tweets including the controversial outburst to Stark. 

Alec Baldwin attacks a photographer, May 2012 (Credit: New York Daily News)
Alec Baldwin attacks a photographer, May 2012 (Credit: New York Daily News)

RELATED: Taylor Swift Slams Tina Fey

Jimmy Gandolfini was so beloved as a person, and he was so admired as an actor, and he didn't give a f--k about social media," said Baldwin. "I said to myself, 'This is all a waste of time.' Meaning it's fun sometimes, but less and less. It's just another chink in your armor for people to come and kill you."

Baldwin's temper has gotten him into hot water over the years. He infamously left a voicemail for his then 11-year-old daughter in 2007, in which he called her a "rude, thoughtless little pig." Baldwin was also caught attacking photographers in two separate incidents last summer, and allegedly made racist remarks to a black photographer last February. Baldwin denied the racial comments, but admitted telling the accompanying female reporter, "I hope you choke to death."

 

© 2013 iDesign Times All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.

Sponsored From Around the Web

Join the Conversation

Who's Up? Who's Down?