The NYC Ballet Gala Transported Guests to a Forest of Fairy-Tale Nymphs and Sprites
- 10 pictures
A little over a week ago, Badgley Mischka payed homage to the film A Midsummer Night's Dream. Last night, the same vision was repeated at the 2012 New York City Ballet Fall Gala.
Upper East Side minimalism was nowhere to be found when style powerhouses Sarah Jessica Parker, Anne Hathaway and Olivia Palermo hit the carpet to celebrate the new season at Lincoln Center.
Held at the David H. Koch Theater at Lincoln Center, the gala was hosted by legendary designer Valentino. As a consequence many of the stunning guests wore designs from the Italian great, including supermodel Karolina Kurkova, who chose an over-the-top red confection.
Like Us on Facebook :
But Anne and SJP went the boho-goddess route with flowy, floral numbers that felt plucked from another era. Surprising some fans, Olivia didn't go with a Valentino creation, instead opting for a two-toned tiered number by Christian Dior.
Though the artful gown captured the hippie spirit of the evening, it felt somewhat overwhelming on the petite - and usually flawless - star.
No matter. There were many showstopping looks. Who says everyone's in Milan this week!
Join the Conversation
- James Gandolfini Dead In Italy: Twitter Reacts to Shocking 'Sopranos' Star Heart Attack At Age 51 More
- LeBron James Headband Ditched To Defeat Spurs! Lucky Charm Or Dumb Luck? More
- James Gandolfini Dead At 51: Watch The Best 'Sopranos' Video Clips To See Why Tony Soprano Will Be So Missed More
- Michael Cera On Drugs: Why You Should See The Hysterical ‘Crystal Fairy And The Magical Cactus’ More
- Daniel Radcliffe Says He's Not Hot! Watch ET Video To Find Out About Dark Role In 'Horns' More
James Gandolfini Dead At 51: Watch The Best 'Sopranos' Video Clips To See Why Tony Soprano Will Be So Missed [VIDEO & PHOTOS]
"Sopranos" fans were devastated on Thursday night when they learned James Gandolfini - best known as the therapist-visiting mob boss Tony Soprano - ha...