Mulberry Takes us to the English Countryside
- 10 pictures
In the sweltering days of summer, ice pops are normally associated with surf and sand. But not in Emma Hill's world.
For Spring 2013, Mulberry's creative director was inspired by sugary ice pops and a lush English countryside. The result? A '60s-inspired mix of pastel flowers, jacquards and appliqués.
Adorned with AstroTurf and trees, the room felt far from the busy offices of London. Whether metallic or matte, the boxy jackets, pleated trousers and upturned collars seemed like they were meant for women with means - or at least enough for a weekend home in the country.
Like Us on Facebook :
Despite an occasional downtown edge - think leather pants and skirts - most of the looks were proper. Military peacoats and jacquards felt opulent, while floral buttons seemed like they were plucked straight from Grandma's closet.
As always the iconic bags were the center of attention. This season's Willow collection featured a covet-worthy tote with floral prints and petals. Yet we couldn't stop staring at the Mulberry dog. And we wondered: Has he met Choupette?
Join the Conversation
- Christian Bale Is Unrecognizable! See Shocking Photos Of 'Batman' Star Without Hair More
- Memorial Day Weekend Packing Guide: 7 Must-Haves For Your Mini Holiday! More
- Jennifer Lawrence Blue And Naked? 'X Men' Director Tweets A Pic Of The Sexy Star Stripped Down To The Barest Essentials More
- Emma Watson Stuns On The Red Carpet - No More Hermione Here! More
- Katrina Bowden Is Married! See The Dress And Reception Details Here More
Dree Hemingway: Mariel's Daughter, Ernest's Great-Granddaughter And A Top Model For Ann Taylor And Esprit [PHOTOS]
Dree Hemingway may have a famous last name, but she's carved out her own path in the modeling world. See some of our favorite shots here and follow the literary progeny's modeling and acting career.