Decadent Draping: More is More as Marchesa Takes a Trip to Bollywood
- 10 pictures
Georgina Chapman has never been known for her minimalist sensibility. And her Spring 2013 collection for Marchesa was no exception.
Taking inspiration from Bollywood, Chapman and co-designer Keren Craig incorporated opulent sari draping, fringe and embroidery in a stop-and-stare collection that was anything but subtle.
Like Us on Facebook :
But there were a few moments towards the beginning of the show that felt so literal - so exact - that we were half expecting Bollywood star Priyanka Chopra to show up. It's not that the pieces weren't beautiful. They were. But it was hard to imagine wearing some of the lavish pieces in everyday life.
Nevertheless, the palette and embellishment did feel deliciously decadent. We just have to come up with a place to wear the sumptuous stunners.
Join the Conversation
- Barbra Streisand Slams Orthodox Jews For Sexism In Israel; Was Singer's Speech At Hebrew University Out Of Line? More
- Watch Adam Levine's 'Voice' Pick Danielle Bradbery Sing Before Tonight's Finale! More
- ‘World War Z’ Celebration! How Did Brad Pitt Party With Son Maddox At New York Premiere? More
- Happy Birthday Blake Shelton! See Adorable Baby Photo Wife Miranda Lambert Shared More
- Is Balenciaga Suing Its Former Designer Nicolas Ghesquiere? More