Time to Play! Oscar de la Renta Shows That He Can Be Mischievous, Too
- 14 pictures
Oscar de la Renta has long been considered the go-to designer for Park Avenue doyennes. But at 80-years-old, he's ready to play with the younger socialities. So he's getting dressed for the occasion.
Karlie Kloss, one of fashion's biggest It Girls, opened the show with a fire-engine-red latex top (yes, latex) and a beehive 'do laced with streaks of pink. For a second it felt like we were at the wrong show.
Like Us on Facebook :
But the crisp navy blazer, sharp white pencil skirt, wide belt and statement necklace brought us back to reality. This was pure Oscar - with a hint of mischief. And that's exactly how it was throughout the show. Traditional staples like linen jackets, tweed skirts and tea-length frocks got a youthful boost with splashes of latex and streaks of yellow and blue in the hair.
Of course, many fashionistas will be talking about the hot pink strapless and feather peplum meant to woo a younger customer. But when we place our order it will be for the classics.
Join the Conversation
- Rumsfeld Gay Marriage Comments Offensive? Same-Sex Union Laws Cause Polygamy, Donald Claims More
- Eva Longoria Graduates! Impressive Thesis Overshadows Cannes Wardrobe Malfunction More
- Why Were Ghetto Tours Stopped In The Bronx? More
- Watch Hysterical Morgan Freeman Video Of Actor Falling Asleep In KCPQ Morning Show Interview! More
- Why Is Justin Bieber Threatening Friends Over Talking About His Parties? More
Watch Kellie Pickler Jump Into Derek Hough's Arms After Amazing Jive Dance That Won 'Dancing With The Stars'! [VIDEO & PHOTOS]
Kellie Pickler won 'DWTS' last night and the singer was SHOCKED. Watch an amazed Pickler jump into partner Derek Hough's arms after beating fellow celebrity Zendaya on 'Dancing with the Stars.