Elie Saab Recreates the Byzantine Empire
- 10 pictures
Elie Saab said the patterns for his couture show were "lifted from a palace along the banks of the Bosphorus," a narrow passage of water in Turkey.
There's no question that the gilded lace, glistening jacquards and mosaic-inspired georgette seemed to be dripping with riches from the Byzantine Empire. Even in nude, coral and dusty blue, the fabrics were flickering.
Like Us on Facebook :
The embroidered black tulle wasn't typical for the Lebanese designer. Known for candy-colored confections in shades like lilac and mint, Saab made a slight turn here. And the path got him where he wanted to be.
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy S4 Release Date Review: Why Samsung's Smartphone Is Killing The Competition [SLIDESHOW] More
- Eva Longoria Graduates! Impressive Thesis Overshadows Cannes Wardrobe Malfunction More
- Paris Hilton Video Sexy Or Slutty? Watch Debut With Lil' Wayne To See Why Fans Are Saying It Looks Like Soft-Core Porn [VIDEO] More
- Jodi Arias Sentence Update: Death Penalty In Question As Jury Deadlock Continues More
- Rumsfeld Gay Marriage Comments Shock; Same-Sex Union Laws Cause Polygamy, Donald Claims More
Amanda Bynes Crazy Behavior Continues - Troubled Actress Kicked Off Private Jet Without Photo ID, Tries To Use Google To Prove Identity To Pilot
Google can be used for many things, but a substitute for government-issued ID it certainly is not. So Amanda Bynes learned this weekend.