Clever, Adjustable Hanging Rack, by Curtis Micklish
- 3 pictures
San Diego-based designer Curtis Micklish has come up with a clever new take on the hanging rack, creating a piece that can be easily re-configured on the fly by the owner to hold anything from hats and coats to your keys.
The "Pin Up" consists of 55 moving dowels that can slide in and out with a stop on the backside, allowing you to easily re-arrange the rack based on your needs.
Like Us on Facebook :
Micklish says he was inspired by the pin screen, and wanted to apply that style to a hanging rack.
"My inspiration for this piece began with the pin screen," he told iDesign. "I've always liked this piece and I thought it would be cool to design it on a grand scale for home use. The idea behind the pin-up is to have a rack for hanging items, but to also have a minimal, nearly flush condition when not in use."
The Pin-Up can be purchased through Micklish's Etsy store for $350, and requires a bit of installation, which he notes online:
This piece is made to be installed inside the wall to give this flush, sleek feel and it fits within the typical 14" +- bay in the wall. Thus, there is a little drywall cutting, but nothing major. However, if you do not want to hassle with the drywall, I can also make the piece surface mounted, wrapped in walnut.
Micklish explained to iDesign that he has been building things from a young age, and at a certain point began creating his own professional pieces, inspired by minimalist design.
"I enjoy every part of the design and build process and it never really feels like work to me," he said.
Join the Conversation
- Mariah Carey Dress Pops On GMA! See Racy Video Of Near Nip Slip On Good Morning America More
- Why Were Quebec High School Students Forced To Strip? Could The School Be Sued? More
- Was A Bronx School Right To Fire A Teacher For Using The Word 'Negro'? More
- Is Gisele Bundchen's Younger Sister Gabriela Hotter Than She Is? More
- Legend Of Korra Season 2 Release Date Marketing To Begin In June? Leaks Concerning Upcoming Book 2 Surface On The Web More