Sustainable Design: Tableware Made From Old Car Tires, by Debbie Wijskamp
- 6 pictures
Debbie Wijskamp's series new series of stark, beautiful tableware is constructed using old rubber car tires. The new series, which the Dutch designer calls Black Ruby, was born out of Wiiskamp's desire to create something completely original.
"I want to create my own building material to create new interior objects," she told iDesign. "I am always searching for unusual material to experiment with."
Her construction process involves mixing powdered recycled rubber and polyurethane (a binding agent) to create small black pebbles. The pebbles are then stacked and assembled into plates, bowls and other decorative containers.
Like Us on Facebook :
Wijskamp notes that Black Ruby is for show, and not safe to eat off of, although they are waterproof. You can purchase Black Ruby on the designer's website.
via Design Boom
Join the Conversation
- Taylor Swift Wins Big At The Billboard Awards, But Is She Dating Anyone New? More
- Gwyneth Paltrow Adjusts Her Diet Because Of Her Dad's Cancer - Learn Her Health And Diet Secrets Here More
- Watch Hysterical Amy Poehler Video Of ‘Parks & Recreation’ Star’s Reunion With Seth Meyers! More
- 'Celebrity Apprentice' Winner Trace Adkins' Winning Secret Puts Him Over The Top - Watch The Video! More
- Two FBI Agents Killed: What Happened In The Tragic Training Accident? More