Domino-Shaped Candle Holders, by Kayiwa
- 4 pictures
Designed by the Finland-based Lincoln Kayiwa, these tea light candle holders are clearly inspired by the iconic form of domino tiles.
Kayiwa says his life-long love of the game inspired him to create the porcelain DOM-I-NO Candle Holders.
"Generally, I like almost everything about dominoes," he told iDesignTimes, "the deck, the tiles, the pips and so forth. And of course how an actual game progresses. So I simply borrowed only what was relevant for this project."
Like Us on Facebook :
The minimalist candle holders represent Kayiwa's approach of repurposing iconic imagery for new purposes.
"At times I try to tell a different but familiar story," he said.
The candle holders come in classic white with black grooves or in a variety of colors (black, blue, green, orange, violet, red, white and yellow). You can use just one or set them up like a set of dominoes mid-game.
"The classic model's black groove not only holds the burnt out matchstick," note Kayiwa, "but it also conceals its burn marks."
Each porcelain piece weighs just 0.17 kg (170 grams)and is about the size of an iPhone. Like Apple's smartphone, these candle's aren't cheap, going for around $230 apiece.
Join the Conversation
- Wendy Williams 'Ask Wendy' Book: 'Nothing Shocks Me,' Says The Queen Of Dish [EXCLUSIVE] More
- What Was Really Behind Kristen Stewart's Breakup With Robert Pattinson? More
- Miley Cyrus Swatted Again! Who Committed The Crazy Prank? More
- Tiger Woods' And Lindsey Vonn's Sexy Yacht Trip More
- Two FBI Agents Killed: What Happened In The Tragic Training Accident? More